Sunday, June 14, 2009

Hannah Update 12.26.08 (Written by Brad)

I wanted to share some thoughts from me during this Christmas season. Jill has been so faithful to share our journey over the last several months...and I wanted to take some time and share what God has placed on my heart today. God's truths have been so real to us, and as I think about the gift He gave us in His Son, Who He is has become so real to us. As we sing the old song, "Go Tell it on the Mountain", I too want to tell how meaningful God's gift has been to us. He truly is the Wonderful Counselor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, and the Prince of Peace. The peace that we have felt, as the Scripture says, passes all understanding. We are so thankful for it. God has given us this journey so that we can tell it on the mountain, and we desire as a family to be faithful to that calling. I want to say again how blessed we are to have been raised in Christian families, and have been pointed to the Christ child all our lives. Because of the Christian heritage that was passed to Jill and I, my daughters also know the Christ child and have felt His presence in their lives and know Him as their personal Savior. Their faith in Him has been an example to us. The peace that God has given Hannah during her storm can only come from God. I am so grateful for Jill. She is so special... God gave me the best when He gave me her. She is a wonderful wife, mom and most of all a godly person. I am so blessed. Thank you, Father.

As we look at the new year ahead, we know we have hope in Christ. When life's circumstances don't seem good, we have hope. God is with us. We don't know what 2009 holds for any of us...the economy, a new president, health issues, etc. But we do know that God is in control, and He is good all the time.

Wishing you a merry CHRISTmas and a happy new year!

Brad

No comments: