Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday -- The Land of the Living

Just a brief thought for this Thursday...

Take a look at these excerpts from Psalm 27.  "The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?... Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident... Though my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will receive me...I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."  (vv. 1, 3, 10, 13-14, Italics mine).

I've probably read that passage dozens of times.  But the other day, when I read it, verse 13 just leapt off the page.  "I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living."  I had to stop reading, sit back in my chair, and let that thought wash over me. 

Since Hannah died, I often find myself "living in the days ahead"...looking forward to the joys of Heaven.  But this verse reminds me that I don't have to wait until I'm in Heaven -- I can experience His goodness right here, right now, in the land of the living! 

Just something I've really been enjoying thinking about this week...

No comments: