Friday, June 15, 2012

Free-For-All Friday -- Three Years of Blogging

Today makes three years since I started on this blogging adventure.  Hard to believe.  But I can say, without a doubt, that God has used this blog to bring an enormous amount of healing in my life since Hannah went to Heaven.  I seem to do a much better job of expressing myself in writing than with the spoken word.  In fact, I can really relate to this quote by John Piper:  "Writing became the lever of my thinking and the outlet of my feelings.  If I didn't pull the lever, the wheel of thinking did not turn.  It jerked and squeaked and halted.  But once a pen was in hand, or a keyboard, the fog began to clear and the wheel of thought began to spin with clarity and insight."  This blog has helped clear the fog and get my "wheel of thinking" turning again.

To all of you who read this blog ... Thank you.  I've often said that I would continue to write, even if I knew no one ever read it, simply because it helps me so much, but I am grateful for every person who takes the time to actually read what I've written.  I read and appreciate every comment that is left, and I'm going to try to do a better job of responding to them.  I would love to be more interactive with you.

Please note that you can sign up to receive my blog right in your email inbox ... All you have to do is click where indicated in the left hand column.  When you subscribe, you'll receive a verification that you must reply to in order to start your subscription.  Make sure you do that, or you will not be officially subscribed.

I look forward to starting my fourth year of blogging.  God teaches me as I write, and I'm excited about where He may lead.  Thanks for coming along on the ride!

2 comments:

Debbie G said...

Happy 3rd Bloggy Birthday .... or should that be Bloggy Anniversary?
Anyways, I really enjoy reading your blog. I appreciate you sharing your Hannah and your heart with us.

Kelle said...

Thank You for sharing Hannah's story. I did not know Hannah, nor do I know you personally, however, I did attend Hannah's "Celebration Of Life". I try to read each and every one of your blogs (I don't think I missed one)I often think about Hannah's Storm. Again, Thank You for sharing.