Saturday, June 23, 2012

Free-For-All Friday (On Saturday)

I was doing so well this week ... I managed to write a new post every day ... at least until yesterday.  Oh well, I'm going to make up for it today.  And since it's Free-For-All Friday (sort of), I can write about anything I want.  So here goes...

1.  I've been reading some of the classics on my Kindle app lately.  I mean, they're free ... Why not?  Over the last few months, I've read "Tale of Two Cities", "Les Miserables, "Treasure Island", and now I'm reading "The Three Musketeers".  I didn't just love "Tale of Two Cities", but I've really enjoyed the others.  Really makes me realize how shallow most of the stuff that passes for literature today is.

2.  We've really had fun as a family watching both the NBA finals and the college world series this past week.  We were pulling hard for Oklahoma City in the NBA finals, and, of course, the Razorbacks in the college world series.  Unfortunately, both of our teams were eliminated.  What in the world are we going to watch on TV now?  ;-)

3.  I'm missing my girl right now.  Bethany left early this morning for Destin, Florida, with "other Brad's" family.  I'm sure she's going to have a wonderful time!  I've been thinking about it, though, and I think this is the first time she's really been away from us since Hannah went to Heaven.  Oh, she's been to camp and stuff, just an hour or two down the road, but this is the first time she's been away away.  Guess I'd better get used to it...she'll be going to college next year!  Thank goodness for cell phones and texting!

4.  While Bethany is gone, we're going to slip off for a few days ourselves.  Our anniversary is August 15th, but when we got married 25 years ago this summer, we didn't take into consideration that as a high school principal, Brad would never be able to get away for an anniversary trip at that time of year.  So, we just try to take off when we can, and pretend it's actually our anniversary.  Twenty-five years ago, we went to Eureka Springs for our anniversary, and that will be our destination this week.  Not sure if we'll have internet access where we're going, but that may be a good thing!  So looking forward to a little time away!

5.  I know that many of you who read this blog do so because you have lost a child.  If you're on Facebook, search for "While We're Waiting--Support for Bereaved Parents" and request to join.  It is an amazing group of Christian moms and dads from all over the country who have lost children.  At last check, we had 96 members!  The greatest thing about this group is the faith we have in common.  Everyone is so positive and encouraging, even as we share our struggles and prayer needs with each other.  Check it out!

Happy Weekend!  :-)

No comments: