Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Little More About the "Anchor"...

After my posting yesterday about the anchor necklaces, I received a note via Facebook from Hannah's friend, Brittany, who is the girl that had the necklaces made. With her permission, I'd like to share some of what she wrote with you. Back in January, Brittany, Tyler, and Hayley came to see Hannah at our home. That was right about the time that Hannah had really begun to decline physically and intellectually. Here is what Brittany wrote to me yesterday:

"The day that Hayley, Tyler, and I came to see Hannah, was when her condition became clear to me. Until January, I casually assumed that Hannah would recover and go on with her life as normal as anyone else. Seeing Hannah so fragile and helpless was my reality check. The next two weeks, were terrible. Even though I often thought of her unfailing faith, I was mad at God. This continued until the first Wednesday night in February. Our youth minister planned a special service in which we simply prayed over each other. This was, of course, an extremely powerful experience that could not have been timed more perfectly (he had no knowledge of my friendship with Hannah). Afterward, I told him that. He told me that his best friend also died when he was 16. Then he shared with me Hebrews 6:19. The next day, when I came home from school, the email telling of Hannah's prayer for a storm was waiting for me. I immediately made the connection: God is the anchor in the storms of life. Throughout the next week, I felt like He was sending me personal messages of encouragement. Friday, my devo focused on 'storms'. Saturday, I heard the words anchor and storm numerous times in random conversation. That Sunday, our pastor's sermon was on the storms of life. My faith grew more in four days than it had in my entire life. I felt more loved by God than ever! I truly understood the phrase, "Peace that surpasses all understanding.""

God is good, all the time!

1 comment:

Maria Sullivan said...

How blessed Hannah was to have such great friends!Thank you for posting this and Brittany that is truly amazing, isn't God so amazing. I am constantly amazed at how he orchestrates the events in our lives!