Friday, October 26, 2012

Free-For-All Friday -- Randomness

Free-For-All Thoughts From This Week...

  • Thank you so much to everyone who prayed for us as we marked Hannah's 21st birthday on Monday of this week.  What a difference those prayers made!  I posted a collection of my favorite pictures of Hannah growing up on Facebook that day, and was absolutely overwhelmed by the incredibly kind things people had to say about her.  It's such a blessing and a comfort to know that people still remember and love our girl.
  • Hannah would have been so excited about voting in her first presidential election on November 6th.  Well, actually, I'm sure she would have already voted since we have early voting.  She would have been counting the days until election night, when we surely would have stayed up half the night watching the returns come in.  Huh...Now that I think about it, though, she would have been watching from her dorm room at OBU.  I guess we would have been texting each other half the night as we watched the returns come in.  And hopefully, we would be celebrating when our candidate won.  I remember when I was a student at OBU and was able to cast my first vote in a presidential election ... for Ronald Reagan.
  • We had a friend take senior pictures of Bethany a few weeks ago.  We got the disc of pictures on Wednesday night, and they are amazing!  I'll post a few of them at the end of today's post.  She is growing up to be so beautiful, both inside and out.  I think it's okay for her mom to say that.  :)
  • Got a fire in the fireplace tonight.  So nice to finally have some season-appropriate weather.  Looking forward to a day at home tomorrow.  I'll be spending most of my time cleaning house, but, hey, it's a whole day at home.  My goal will be to not leave the house at all.  We'll see if that actually happens
  • My "Reading the Classics" update ... I just finished reading "War of the Worlds" by H. G. Wells. Great book....a fun read.  I recently downloaded a new app called "Books -23,469 Classics", which has all the classics for free.  It's a free app, although I did spring for the $1.99 and upgraded to the ad-free version.  I didn't really like the ads dropping down into the middle of the book I was reading.  I figure 23,469 free classics should keep me going for awhile.
  • It's hard to believe that we are already nine weeks into the school year.  Actually ten weeks, as of today.  The year is flying by.
  • There will be no Free-For-All Friday next week, because I will be at our While We're Waiting Weekend for Bereaved Parents.  I'm so excited, I can hardly wait for it to get here!  
And now, as promised, I'm going to leave you with a few of Bethany's senior pictures ... Have I mentioned that I love this girl?


















1 comment:

Laurie and Jerry Wood said...

Love your random thoughts! Nothing randoom about them, though. Love 'visiting' Hannah via your thoughts and memories.... so precious. And that Bethany-- my oh my.... what a beauty- yes, inside and out--and her Aunt Laurie can say that!!! The photos are amazing...