- It rained today! And according to the weatherman, there is more rain to come in the next few days. A welcome relief in the middle of this exceptionally hot, dry summer.
- I see that Barbara Walters is hosting a two-hour special on Heaven tonight. In spite of my great interest in Heaven, I believe I'll pass.
- I'm so glad to have Bethany home with me tonight. She came home from her trip to the beach on Saturday and left for Fellowship of Christian Athletes Camp on Monday. I really missed her while she was gone. Gave me a little sneak peek of what it will be like when she goes to college next year, I guess. More about her time at camp in a future post ... Or maybe I should say my time while she was at camp. For tonight, we're on the couch watching "Say Yes to the Dress." :)
- We spent the Fourth of July evening with our friends, the Browns, who you hopefully "met" via my post from yesterday. We grilled steaks and then went out for a cruise around the lake on their pontoon boat. We ended up watching a fireworks show from the boat, which was an unexpected pleasure, since as far as we knew all the fireworks shows had been canceled due to the fire danger. I haven't watched fireworks from a boat since I was a little girl in Wisconsin, so that was a fun treat.
- Stuffed pizza from Papa Murphy's is really good ... I'm just sayin.'
- My classic for this week has been "The Picture of Dorian Gray" by Oscar Wilde. A very curious book. I'm interested to see how it ends.
So there you have it ... Free-For-All Friday for this week!