Some very exciting things have been happening in the "While We're Waiting" ministry over the last few weeks...I've just got to share them with you!
1. We are taking our "While We're Waiting" Mom's Mini-Retreat on the road! We will be hosting our next Mom's Day in northeast Arkansas, in the town of Wynne, on July 28, 2012. There are several bereaved families who live in that part of the state, so we are bringing "While We're Waiting" to them. We are also working on the possibility of a weekend-long parents' retreat in that part of the state this fall. If you would like for us to work on bringing a While We're Waiting event to your area...even if it's outside of Arkansas...drop me an email and we'll talk.
2. Our next "While We're Waiting" Weekend for Parents (couples and singles) is coming up the weekend of April 20-22, 2012. We are particularly excited about the fact that our website has really been increasing in traffic over the last several weeks and we've been getting inquiries about this upcoming retreat from around the country ... Arizona, Washington, Kentucky. In fact, our available spots are already about half filled.
3. We also have a "While We're Waiting" Weekend for Dads coming up the weekend of May 4-6, 2012. It's also going to be a great event ... go to our website for more information or to register.
4. We have filed for non-profit 501(c)3 status and are currently in what I refer to as "IRS limbo". Hopefully we'll hear something soon. As soon as we are approved for that, any donations made to "While We're Waiting" will be tax-deductible.
5. On our spring break last week, we took a trip out to eastern Tennessee to visit my brother's family and celebrate my niece's birthdays. While there, we girls (my mom, my sister-in-law, and I) took a little side trip to Asheville, North Carolina, to visit the headquarters of World Magazine. I've shared on this blog before how much I enjoy reading this magazine, and I thought it would be fun to go there and take a tour. The headquarters didn't look anything like what I thought it would! It's near the Biltmore Mansion (which I would also like to tour someday!) and this part of town is just beautiful.
Anyway, while we were getting our tour, we had the opportunity to meet Marvin and Susan Olasky. He is the editor in chief of World Magazine, and a bit of a celebrity ... at least in my eyes!
We visited with them for several minutes, and of course, I took advantage of the opportunity to put a couple of "While We're Waiting" brochures in their hands! They seemed genuinely interested and asked lots of questions about the ministry. Who knows what God might do through this encounter someday?
6. There are a couple of unique opportunities for publicity for "While We're Waiting" which will be coming up over the next several months. More about those as they develop.
As you can probably tell, we are very excited about what God is doing with the "While We're Waiting" ministry. We just believe so strongly in the healing that takes place when bereaved, but believing, parents get together to support, encourage, and pray for each other. We believe in it because we've experienced it. And we've had the joy of seeing others experience it as well.