Monday, September 14, 2009

Go Panthers!

Last Friday night, we went to a Panther football game, and it was my first time to see the "HS" stickers on the players' helmets. (I was working in the concession stand during the first game and didn't get to watch it!) It was an "away" game, and the visitor's bleachers are right at the edge of the field. It's a small school and there is no track, so the football players and cheerleaders are right in front of the fans. We sat down on the third row of the bleachers, I looked up at the players, and it literally took my breath away when I saw the stickers. And then there were the cheerleaders, several of whom were Hannah's good friends, smiling and laughing and having a great time. I was nearly overcome with sadness that Hannah was not there with us. I sat there choking back tears for several minutes, trying to look and act appropriately for those sitting around me. And then I spotted a young man, a senior who is one of the managers for the football team, who shared with Brad last week that he has recently surrended to the ministry. He told Brad that Hannah's testimony was influential in God leading him to this decision. It's amazing how God provides encouragement like that just when it is needed most. That made it a little easier to swallow the sadness and enjoy the game. And the Panthers put on a good show...winning 48-0! Go Panthers!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Wow...what an honor!