- I'm thinking about the fact that I early voted today makes me feel like the election is already over. It's silly, but when I got home tonight and flipped on the TV and the pundits were talking about the polls, the thought actually crossed my mind ... "Why are they still talking about that? The election is over." Maybe I just need to get more sleep.
- I'm thinking about how, as I was leaving the courthouse, I saw one of Hannah's high school friends in line to vote. She was excited to be voting in her first presidential election ... and Hannah would have been absolutely ecstatic to be voting in her first presidential election. Sigh.
- I'm thinking about how much I've been missing Hannah lately. I don't know if it's because her birthday just passed, or because the holidays are coming up, or if it's just because as I watch Bethany grow up, I'm realizing how much I missed out on with her.
- Speaking of Bethany ... I'm thinking about how much she has grown up just over the last few months. Right before my eyes, she's turning into a dedicated student and a deeply committed athlete. Yes, I realize it's about time, since she is a senior this year. Last night I listened to her clearly and concisely explain her political persuasions to a friend over the phone. I had no idea she had put so much thought into the subject. Her sister would be so proud. :)
- I'm thinking that there's just not much on TV worth watching. I did catch a little bit of Duck Dynasty last night, though ... and, as much as I hate to admit it, I kind of liked it. Hey, it beats Swamp People.
- But mostly, tonight, I'm thinking about what's coming up this weekend. By this time tomorrow evening, our fourth While We're Waiting Weekend for Bereaved Parents will be well underway. I'm so excited. We have the biggest group we've ever had coming, and what a wonderful group it's going to be. I cannot wait to see what God has in store. Check in next week for some great pictures of our time together. And if you think about it over the weekend, please lift this group of moms and dads up in prayer.
- "While We're Waiting" Weekend Retreat for Bereaved Parents
- "While We're Waiting" Mini-Retreat for Bereaved Moms
- "While We're Waiting" Weekend Retreat for Bereaved Dads
- Speaking Schedule
- Contact Me
- Request a HOPE Package
- Register for a "While We're Waiting" Event
- "While We're Waiting" Support Group
- Donate to "While We're Waiting"
- "While We're Waiting" Refuge
Thursday, November 1, 2012
Thoughtful Thursday -- What Am I Thinking About?
So, what am I thinking about tonight? I'm glad you asked...