Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Mourning -- My Redeemer

Our house is very quiet tonight.  The Christmas decorations are (finally) put away, and toys and books are no longer littering the floor.  The TV is tuned to women's college basketball, and we're each in our favorite seat in the living room.  Ahhhhhh....relaxing.

But, to tell the truth, I really miss the toys on the floor, and the bedtime stories, and the little girl hugs and giggles!  We had such a great time with my brother and his family over the past two weeks.  The highlight of our time together was Saturday before last, when the whole family got together to celebrate Christmas and my dad's 75th birthday.  It was the first time our entire family had all been together since Hannah's funeral nearly three years ago.

I had forgotten how much fun Christmas is with two little girls around.  They looked forward all week to the day when they could finally open presents, and it was so much fun to watch them!  They especially loved their princess outfits and their Sit and Spins!



There was so much joy in having our family all together again....except for the fact that Hannah was not there.  And, wow...would she have loved to have been there.  Family gatherings were absolutely her favorite thing.  How she would have laughed at those little girls' antics!

Several times during their visit, I was tempted to let sorrow overwhelm me, simply because I wanted Hannah to be there with us so badly.  I just wanted to be able to share all of these fun family experiences with her.  I know that she's not missing out on anything (how could she miss out on anything while she's in Heaven?), but I felt that I was missing out on something!

But every time I started to feel that way, I was reminded that the Lord is my Redeemer.  Not only has He redeemed my soul by paying the price for my sin ... I believe He will redeem all of the time I have lost with Hannah.  And what a comfort that is!  I am looking forward to that day!

"I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end He will stand on the earth."  Job 19:25

No comments: