Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tell About It Tuesday -- "Flywheel"

Several months ago, I was at the checkout counter at our local Christian bookstore, perusing their $5.00 deals, when this video caught my eye.


I knew that this movie was made by the same folks who did "Facing the Giants" and "Fireproof", and I figured it would probably be worth five bucks.  Hannah loved the movie "Facing the Giants", and someday I will write more about that.  But I brought "Flywheel" home, put it in the TV cabinet, and promptly forgot all about it.

The other day, I was digging through there looking for something else, and I ran across it, still unopened.  I decided that the next time we had a free evening, we would watch it.  Well, tonight, Brad and I had an evening at home all by ourselves, and I pulled it out and popped it in the DVD player. 

To be honest, I wasn't really expecting much.  I remember the first time I saw "Facing the Giants", and it took me a little while to get past the rather stilted acting and predictable dialogue before I became completely absorbed in the story.  I thought "Fireproof" was better as far as the acting and its overall quality.  Knowing that "Flywheel" was the first attempt by Sherwood Pictures, I had prepared myself for a somewhat cheesy, predictable story with inexperienced actors.

I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!  No, the production quality and the acting were not exactly up to Hollywood standards...but that was actually kind of refreshing.  The story line was engaging, and contained enough twists and turns to keep me guessing about how things were going to work out.  I guess I've become kind of a sap over the past few years, but several scenes moved me to tears.  It was a beautiful story about salvation, redemption, restoration, and faith, and it was a great reminder of how important it is to trust God, even when it feels like everything is flying out of control. 

"Flywheel"...Definitely a good way to spend an evening with the family!

1 comment:

Sherri Smith said...

Pretty sure I have that movie around here somewhere that Gracen's piano teacher loaned us and this just reminded me! We haven't watched it yet so I'll be putting that on my agenda before we go back to school!