Sunday, January 10, 2010

More Thank Yous

In my last post, I shared a little bit about Hannah's former youth director, and the impact he and his wife had on her life. I would be remiss if I did not mention the many, many others who played a part in her spiritual growth over the years. I won't even attempt to mention them all by name, because I would almost certainly leave somebody out...but as I sit here tonight, I can see the faces of all the nursery workers, AWANA leaders, children's choir helpers, Sunday School teachers, and youth leaders who taught Hannah over the years. Many of you read this blog...you know who you are! How thankful I am for each of you! When faced with such an enormous crisis in her young life, Hannah remembered all those Bible stories you shared, the songs she sang, and those verses you taught her. Her faith is what carried her through, and you were a huge part of that.

Maybe you didn't teach Hannah, but you are a nursery worker, Sunday School teacher, AWANA leader, children's choir helper, or youth leader at your church. I know that sometimes it can feel like a thankless job, but believe me, you are making a difference in those kids' lives. Thank you for allowing God to use you. You may never know...actually, you probably won't ever know...how what you're teaching today will affect them tomorrow.

We have a busy week ahead...Bethany will be playing in a basketball tournament. Their team has only lost one game this season, and that was by two points in overtime. They have been a lot of fun to watch, which is good, because we've been watching them a lot! Bethany is truly a blessing in our lives, and we are so thankful for her!

No comments: