Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tell About It Tuesday -- While We're Waiting Weekend for Dads

Awesome things happen when a group of bereaved, but believing, Dads spend a weekend together.  These guys gathered at an old farmhouse in rural Yell County, Arkansas, on Friday evening and headed their separate ways on Sunday morning.  They spent time riding four-wheelers, eating, hunting for arrowheads, eating, sitting around the pond, eating, and talking about their kids and their Savior.  Brad's mom sent her world-famous German chocolate cake, and from the sound of it, it was very well received.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend ...








I've often wished I could be a fly on the wall at one of these Dads' weekends.  But, you know, I really don't need to be there to know what a great time they have ... I can see the difference in my husband when he comes home from one of these things.

And then there's this.  One of the dads wrote a note to Brad and Larry at the end of the weekend, and with his permission, I would like to share it here.

"I want to thank you for this weekend.  I know so much more will come to me as I process these moments over the next couple of weeks, months, and years to come.  But, these are the immediate take- aways that I will leave with today:  1) I'm not alone in this walk, 2) the opportunity to bring my son alive in the open discussions and just saying his name aloud again, and 3) ways to move forward in my life but, more importantly, my faith. Thanks again and God bless you."

I think this dad pretty much summed it up.  I'm so thankful and humbled that God has allowed us to be part of a unique ministry like this.

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."  Proverbs 27:17 ESV

No comments: