Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday Mourning -- Through the Cross

Hmmmm ... It's been awhile since I've posted, hasn't it?  We've been busy, busy, busy with While We're Waiting events.  In fact, Brad and Larry just returned home yesterday from a While We're Waiting Weekend for Dads.

I hope to post more about their weekend tomorrow, but for now, I want to share just one thing.  One of the dads who came brought along a special gift for Brad and Larry.  Here's what Brad's looks like.

The front ...


And the back ...


The back is so shiny, it was hard to take a picture without my phone reflecting in it.

Larry's is the same, except it says "Adam Lee Brown" on the back.

The gift was accompanied by a note, explaining that when this dad's son died, a friend gave him one of these.  The dad wrote that it gave him great comfort ... "perhaps it was a constant reminder of both God's and my love for my son."

Don't you love that?  I sure do.

As Brad and I sat on the deck last night talking about the weekend, our conversation turned to this pocket cross.  He said that the dads talked about it on Sunday morning ... how when you look at it, it's like seeing your child through the cross.  

Through the cross ... I had to think about that for a minute.  Oh, I really love that.

When I "see" Hannah these days, I "see" her in Heaven ... healed, whole, happy.  A gloriously transformed, yet somehow the same, version of the girl I used to see here.  But she would not be there, nor would I have any hope of ever seeing her again ... if it weren't for the cross.  If it weren't for a God who was willing to sacrifice His own son ... for her and for me ... and for you.

And I stand amazed (and so grateful), as I gaze at my Hannah Joy through the cross.

No comments: