Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tell About It Tuesday -- "While We're Waiting" in Wynne

A couple weeks ago, I excitedly posted about the fact that we were getting ready to take "While We're Waiting" on the road.   Well, that date has come and gone, and I have not yet blogged about it!  Actually, that's because although I took some lovely pictures at the event, I ended up leaving my camera in Wynne.  Thankfully, my friend Mary was kind enough to mail it to me, and I'm finally ready to share those pictures with you.

Our hostess for the event was Kim Dillard.  Kim has never personally experienced the loss of a child, but she has a remarkable understanding of and sensitivity to those who have walked that road.  She planned our day around Psalm 56:8, and even created a wonderful visual reminder for us to enjoy...


Kim's loving touch was evident even in the way she decorated the tables, using a number of bottles in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes.  Look closely, and you'll see that she placed fresh flowers in each bottle, illustrating that God can bring beauty from our tears.  Each Mom was able to choose her favorite bottle to bring home with her as a reminder of the day.


She also chose to use a black tablecloth, representing the very dark days we often experience as grieving Moms; but she also chose beautiful bright colors for the dishes and decorations to remind us of the joy that is still available to us as children of God.  Don't you just love those tea glasses?


We didn't feel that we could ask Chef Franklin to come all the way to Wynne for us, so my dear friend Laurie and her husband Jerry stepped in and provided an amazing meal for us!  And as always, I must tantalize your tastebuds with some pictures!

Our appetizer was roasted asparagus wrapped in proscuitto with shaved parmesan...Delicious!


Next was our salad -- an individual caprese salad with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, topped with lemon vinaigrette dressing and chopped fresh basil.  Yum!


The intermezzo was next ... to cleanse our palates, of course!  Delicious chilled strawberry soup...


This was followed by the main event ... the entree'.  This was grilled balsamic bruschetta chicken with lemon herb pasta.  So good!


Now the part that's always my favorite ... dessert!  This is Laurie's dad's recipe -- "Magic Lemon Icebox Pie" with a graham cracker chip.  So fresh and cool ... just right!


Because what is shared at our Moms' Mini-Retreats stays at our Moms' Mini-Retreats, I'm not going to reveal any of the personal stories of these dear ladies.  Let me just say that we had an amazing time of fellowship together.  Our children in Heaven ranged from the age of five to the age of thirty-six, and their homegoings were all very different, yet the bond that formed between us was instant and strong.  I can honestly say that I will never forget the declarations of hope and and trust voiced by these Moms.  It was truly humbling.  I consider myself privileged just to be a part of this wonderful day.


No comments: