Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thoughtful Thursday -- A Great Story

Wow...It's Thursday again, and I haven't posted since last Thursday.  Maybe that's because I haven't had an evening at home since that day!  And I'm so tired tonight, I can barely keep my eyes open as I type!

I have so much I want to write about, mainly about our "While We're Waiting" events.  We had our WWW Mom's Day this past Saturday, and it was another amazing day.  We had a fantastic group of Moms, and wow, did we have some good discussion time.  I'm looking forward to sharing more about that...including the obligatory pictures of the incredible food we had to eat...but not tonight.

I also can't wait to tell you all about the While We're Waiting Weekend for Dads we have coming up October 7-9.  We spent the whole day on Wednesday (we were out of school because of parent/teacher conferences the night before) in Yell County planning for this retreat.  Brad and Larry have some great ideas for this event...all stuff that men are going to just love...and I can't wait to tell you all about all of it...but not tonight.

No, I want to save all of that stuff for sometime when I'm fully awake and feeling a little more coherent.  For tonight, I just want to share something that Beth Moore said in the introductory video for her Patriarchs study.  It made me think, and that's what Thoughtful Thursday posts are supposed to be all about.

She said, "Easy lives don't make great stories.  Your life in Christ was meant to be a great story."

Hmmmm....I like that.  I want my life to be a great story, and I bet you do, too.  Why do we want our lives to be great stories?  Because that's our testimony...that's what God uses to draw others to Himself.  It makes it a little easier to accept the difficulties in life when you know that God can use them for His glory.

And that's all I've got for tonight.  Good night!  :)

2 comments:

A Mother's Love said...

Wow, I've never thought of it that way, and I feel bad that I haven't. I do want my life to be a story in Christ.
I hope you got a good night's sleep! Kelley

Angie said...

LOVE that quote.